The powerpoint on the interview is here (http://www.slideshare.net/CraigHansen2008/craig-foc-08-evan-interview-presentation/)
The audio was recorded with Audacity (see below) and edited with it also. The files are accessible at the site here, on the right hand block of the page - click the files and they will load. Be patient as some files are 20 to 56MB!
You can see a movie of the PowerPoint here on YouTube
The following is the summary of the interview...
3D Engine Simulator
3D Graphic Environment for simulators – in this instance a new Navy frigate engine
Designed to go on an LMS
- Optimising to fit the delivery mode – onshore, on a boat, at home etc.
- Created from a pedagogical perspective to encourage a methodical approach or process to problem identification and resolution
- Accurately provides a model that can be interacted with, providing all the parts to scale and spec, able to be dismantled and put back together
- Problem based scenarios that constantly change
- Mathematically things can happen in simulation that might happen once in 1000 years, only in extreme or unique circumstances
- Allows learners to download the simulator anywhere, anytime for new learning or refreshing learning
- Facilities available for subject matter experts to interact with learners
- Collaborative learning, synchronous (at the same time)
- Coaching on the spot
- Trouble shooting anywhere, anytime
- Observation of team dynamic and assessment for promotion and training